"He'll sit there and go, Dipsy... Po... Dipsy... Po. I honestly don't think he knows colors. Just Teletubbies."

12.27.2005

There is an unwritten law that every time I write in this thing, Ricky is making a TV dinner.

Anyway. I hope you all had lovely holidays. Mine was the usual. We went down to Madison for Christmas Eve to be with Sheebs's side of the family. They are quite entertaining. I am supposed to talk about my uncle Brian. Brian Becker. I had to talk to him by his full name because he wants to Google himself and find this blog. So I did. Christmas was also the usual. I have a cell phone now, so ask for the number.

Yesterday was the day after Christmas, for those of you who, like me, have no sense of time whatsoever. I went bowling with Kathy, Peg, and the cousins. Since they are quite young, we had bumpers, which I tried not to use as much as possible. And, honestly, I am a much better bowler than I once was. I got a 103 on the first game, and really really bad on the second game. Then we played DDR in the arcade. I beat everyone... because the only people who are actually worse at that game than I am are my family.

Then, after random loud birthday family thing, I went over to Elly's house for movies and games. It was very enjoyable. First, we played Trivial Pursuit 90's Edition. Alex managed to get a single pie, which is actually kind of remarkable for her. I got three. Then we quit, because, clearly, none of us have any clue about the decade we were born in. And Pencil Case kept answering Alex's questions and she got all pissed. In the middle of the game, Elly or Alex (I can't remember which) randomly declared, "Did you know that Ali is a Quaker?!" and that was kind of amusing. Because random statements generally are.

Afterward, we played Pit, which is a very fun and random game. It's more fun when you don't play for points, however. We watched My Best Friend's Wedding for a bit, and we also ate. These two activities consist of many random statements from Pencil Case that he swears never happened. And one thing that he swears did happen that I have absolutely no recollection of.

Alex: Yeah, sequels are never better than the originals, though.
Pencil Case: No, that one was. You know, that one movie.
All of Us: Um... that helps.
Me: Who was in it?
Pencil Case: That one guy.

Pencil Case, in the middle of the movie: Let's play that game again. Mastodon or whatever it's called.

Pencil Case, again in the middle of the movie: Are they virgins?

Pencil Case: Kellie, do you remember that one time in French class last year when Madame called Paul a "poop sack?"
Me: No... Pencil Case, I think I would have remembered that. Are you making this up?
Pencil Case: Nooooo! She said, "Slim Jim, stop being such a poop sack!" and then we all laughed at her and she goes, "What, isn't poop sack what all the cool kids are saying these days?"
Yeahhhhh. Okay. It was a very fun night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pencil Case babbled mindlessly...

Haha. Oh, god... That was a fun trip to Elly's house.

2:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home