"He'll sit there and go, Dipsy... Po... Dipsy... Po. I honestly don't think he knows colors. Just Teletubbies."

9.10.2005

"Uhhhh... can I take this one?"

"Everyone thinks Virginia was named for Queen Virginia. It was not. There never even was a Queen Virginia. It was named for Queen Elizabeth."
"Why?"
"Because she was a virgin."
"That's not what I heard!"

(I just remembered that. It made me laugh.)

Let's see. Yesterday. Pretty much the most boring day of forever. And also quite sad, because I had to miss history class for the orthodontist. You have no idea how sad that made me. But, oh well. There will be more history classes.

English, we talked about the Puritans again. Stary told us that we were definitely going to have to change the subject soon, because he had this professor in college who spent a whole quarter of American Literature talking about the Puritans. Yes. And apparently you can sing all Emily Dickinson poems to the tune of "The Yellow Rose of Texas" or "Amazing Grace." That's always good to know.

French was kind of crazier than usual. Well, not exactly. Nothing was really accomplished. Madame just kind of went insane and stole a bunch of my pictures, which she claims she is going to put in her scrapbook. Okay then.

Me: This seems to be a picture of a statue in a playground. Except that the statue looks like a man raping a bear, which is a little disconcerting.
Madame: He is not raping the bear.
Pencil Case: Madame said "raping!"
Me: What, are they dancing, then?

Then we watched more Zoolander, including the Freak Gasoline Fight Accident scene. Oh what a humorous movie.

By the end of the day, I was simply exhausted. I probably should have gone home, but instead I stayed to set up the dance. That was pretty fun, except for that bitch of a tiki hut and that bitch of a Jeep. Those need caution tape around them, because you just know that some freshman will touch them and then all our hard work will be for naught.

"I left my pans under my desk!"
"She just said that she left her pants under her desk."
"Did you just say that you left your pants under your desk?"
"No. My pans."
"Oh. That's not funny. It was funnier when she said it."

Then I accidentally flung the tape across the room while holding onto the end of it, which caused it to bunch up into a large confusing mess. That was interesting. As was Alex's psychotic TB coughing. And Alex and Pencil Case's tape fights.

Jessi: Where is my flying antelope?!

And oh, Charles, also known as Charlie. What an insane little boy.

The football game was fun. Well, not really. I was still exhausted, and I was past the point of exhausted to "bitchy and just wanting to go to bed but not actually wanting to go home." It's an interesting mood, you should try it sometime. It makes me sad that all my friends are band geeks. Because then we don't see them until, like, the fourth quarter. It is obscene and it makes me sad. Bet and I are going to restart American Bandstand, because we are probably two of a few American teenagers who actually know what it is. And my mom is crazy. Anyway, long story short, we won.

Well, I'm having an obsessive-compulsive need to organize my iTunes. I'll talk to you all later. Congratulations to everyone who made Swing Choir!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home