"He'll sit there and go, Dipsy... Po... Dipsy... Po. I honestly don't think he knows colors. Just Teletubbies."

9.06.2005

Trapped in the Subway with a Bag of Laundry

Okay. Really boring day. Completely boring. And I'm so nervous for Swing Choir tryouts. But, at the same time, I'm also very calm about them. I know that I'm not going to get in, so it's not as if I'm going to be disappointed.

Let's see. I'm skipping over the boring parts of the day. Why do I have, like, seventy open-notebook quizzes tomorrow? Okay. Two. But still. I had no open-notebook quizzes last year. This is getting kind of obscene.

Lunch was exciting. "Hey, sweetheart." Uhhhh yeah.

Oh, French. I adore Geyer because she says ridiculous things, does funny accents when we tell her to, yells at us constantly, and tells us the most deranged stories in the world.

"So. Yeah. Then I was riding the subway, with a bag of laundry and a bunch of homeless people who were staring at me, at midnight."
"Laundry?"
"Yeah, I went out to my friends' house in the suburbs. I brought my laundry. It was cheaper than going to the laundromat."
"You scammer!"
"I know. And then my ride wasn't there to pick me up, so I had to wander the streets of Manhattan, at midnight, with a big bag of laundry, trying to get to my dorm."
"And you were foreign."
"AND I WAS A FOREIGNER! That, too."

Yes. That Madame. Romping all over the streets of New York City late at night with laundry bags.

Um. Let's see. Buses are ridiculous. So then we romped around after school. That was pretty crazy. We talked to my hero Momma G. "Oh my gosh! You thought that too! So it's not just me. I've always wondered that! Seriously! And that was really funny. In a completely inappropriate way." Funniest woman ever. Then Pencil Case made up some story about handicapped people ganging up on this guy on a plow because he parked in a handicapped spot. Yeah. I don't know either.

So. I'm off to "study" for my "biology" "test."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home