"He'll sit there and go, Dipsy... Po... Dipsy... Po. I honestly don't think he knows colors. Just Teletubbies."

6.16.2005

Fake Kids and Mermaids

So, according to kindergarteners, Little Buddy and I are "fake kids." This is because we were sitting behing a large board in order to make noise, and so of course the little dorks peeked and loudly shouted, "THERE ARE KIDS BACK THERE!" to which one of the other kids replied, "I think she has fake kids."

Yes. This week has fully cemented why I am never going to have children. Ever. And please don't be all adultish and tell me that I'll change my mind when I'm older. Kids under the age of ten are all little brats who ask stupid questions and raise their hands only to say "I forgot." And that is a fact.

Oh, another exciting part of my summer days are telephone chats with my Chelsea. Yesterday, we were looking at an online gallery of lacrosse pictures from the Notre Dame-vs.-Bay Port game. We were talking about sexy muscular boys when Chelsea randomly collapses into giggles, a lot of giggles which are followed by a very very loud thunk.

Me: Chelsea, are you okay?!
Chelsea: Yeah. I'm fine. Well, I fell off my chair and I have a big red mark, but other than that.
Me: Oh god. What was so funny?
Chelsea: There's this picture of Brooker. And he looks like a mermaid! Brooker is a mermaid!
[More manic laughter from both Chelsea and I.]

The picture really is somewhat mermaidish, and it raises the question on how he actually remains standing.

Yes, so I don't update for all of three days, and suddenly I'm fake and Brooker is a mermaid.

Truly, nothing ever happens during summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home