"He'll sit there and go, Dipsy... Po... Dipsy... Po. I honestly don't think he knows colors. Just Teletubbies."

5.18.2005

I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason.

The past few days have been a lot. We are going to go on with the play in honor of Emily and Missy. It is going to be hard, and very, very straining on all of us, but Senora G talked to their father today, and before she even told him our decision, he said, "Please don't say you stopped." Which felt good; it kind of convinced me that this was the right thing, because who knows better what a child would have wanted than their parents? But still, have you ever known you were doing the right thing but wondered if you were actually strong enough to do it? That was what I, and I'm guessing a lot of the cast, felt like today. But we're all a lot closer, we're all there for each other, and that makes it feel like it's really what is right, if there is a "right" thing.

Senior exams has caused much havoc on schedules. 75-minute classes! We had first through fourth hour today, which means that basically tomorrow will suck. French class was Kayleigh's last day, sadness. She still managed to get Pencil Case in a lot of trouble with Madame. For talking. And, of course, Madame yelled at him while he wasn't even talking and then decided that I was going to beat him up, all out of absolutely nowhere. We also did a million exercises.

English was fun. We're doing Romeo and Juliet, and Poppa G is just so funny about everything. He is just such a wise, adorable old man, very funny.

ICP was also fun because Adult Hermione made fun of the kids in her study hall for the first part of class.

"He is always throwing around that tennis ball. Just to make me mad. It's very passive-aggressive, and I can understand doing that in the fourth grade, but he is, what, sixteen? So I took it away. And he wrote 'I love Suzanne' on there, so I'm keeping it for blackmail."

"He always whistles, too. He won't stop. And I should really give him a break, because he just learned how to whistle this year. This year! That kid you always hear whistling in the hall is probably KR. He's seventeen, and he's proud of himself for finally learning how to whistle."

76 minutes of theology, though, was very long and arduous. As Senora G said, "Well, you were all probably closer to God... or just closer to wanting to get out of that room and really having to pee." Then she talked about how her kids never listen to her when she tells them they can't go to the bathroom at the moment and how they threaten to pee on the floor and how she says, "Yeah, you do that. And then we'll all laugh at you." Senora G makes my day.

Play practice was, surprisingly, more fun than we'd expected. I hung out with Liz and Vicky for a while looking at Liz's senior scrapbook. Tom and I walked around and talked a lot and discovered that tomorrow was T. Lee's birthday, which he was hoping we'd never find out, so we continually sang "Happy Birthday" to him. Then Tom and I compared teachers and classes along with Big Ben and Liz. And then it was time for me to go onstage. And it wasn't weird or awkward and Maggie is doing a brilliant job of taking over for Emily. She's not doing an impersonation of Emily or anything, and you just know she's not doing this to get a bigger part or because she wants to look good. There's no air of that. And we're all really thankful to Maggie for taking on this role, more than we could ever express.

Well. My macaroni and cheese is ready and I have a history test to study for about things that happened less than four years ago.

2 Comments:

Blogger Magster babbled mindlessly...

Thank you for your suppoert, but I feel akward right now. Like, everyone one feels bad for me, and they try to help, that;s nice...but I feel like i am getting too much attention. Together this can be the best for them.

8:25 PM

 
Blogger Pencil Case babbled mindlessly...

Kel,

I wish I was in the play just for the fact that you guys are there for each other. I miis that experience.

9:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home