"He'll sit there and go, Dipsy... Po... Dipsy... Po. I honestly don't think he knows colors. Just Teletubbies."

5.31.2005

I wanna be the house that you were raised in, the only place where you feel safe.

So, exams are over, and all my grades are in. Some happier than others, but that is how it goes. Summer so far has been play practice... and more play practice. Le sigh.

Today, actually, I went over to Betty's after practice. Very fun time. We were hungry but there was no popcorn, so we went and asked Betty's mom for money so we could run to Osco Drug. She gave us five dollars in quarters, so we went and bought popcorn and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Then we came home and watched MSNBC.

Anchor Lady: What is wrong with people?!!?!
Betty: I'm guessing that wasn't in her script.

After a long discussion about Deep Throat and Watergate, which Betty knew approximately zero things about (good god), we decided to go tan. We slathered on the sunscreens for our respective delicate complexions and went and sat in the sun.

Me: I'm going to get fried like a fritter.
Betty: What's a fritter?
Me: Apple fritters.

We borrowed Little Buddy's CD player and Betty was convinced it would explode in the sun, so she kept moving this little table thing that may have been a stepstool or an ottoman around so that the stereo would have shade and not explode. Yeah. Oh, and we talked about how we are going to use my extreme talent for talking to adults and being their friends next year... never mind.

Then my favorite little buddy, Little Buddy came home! Oh, she is my favorite for reasons like this:

[Little Buddy accidentally unplugs her Game Cube controller.]
Betty: Little Buddy! That's bad for the controller!
Little Buddy: It's bad for YOUR FACE!

Yes. That is totally why she is the best seventh-grader this side of the Mississippi, or any river, for that matter.

Then I returned home to a message from Chelsea! Excitement. We talked on the phone for 84 minutes of insanity, and Chelsea had this blonde moment:

Me: We have to know our state capitals for history next year, apparently.
Chels: Oh, like, Wisconsin, WI?
Me: No... Chels... like, Madison, Wisconsin.
Chels: Oh, yeah...
[Long silence, after which we crack up.]

Pretty sure anything any of us ever do at play practice is flirt and be hit upon. Well, actually, we just sit around and listen to Squirrel make innuendoes, but... still. It is a fun time, with Tom ripping his pants and Sarah "leaving her husband."

6 Comments:

Blogger Van Chelsing babbled mindlessly...

Hee, I'm such an idiot.

You know, that 84 minutes was prettty fun.

And you and Betty's journey to Osco sounds soooo hilarious.

11:45 PM

 
Blogger Van Chelsing babbled mindlessly...

HAHA In the article in the paper about the summer play is has Tom's name and they accidentally put "Mrs. DePinna." Aw, they made poor Tom a transgender.

12:55 PM

 
Blogger Kate babbled mindlessly...

It definitely didn't click in my head that the post title was Bright Eyes lyrics until I heard the song at the concert last night.

Have you any other BE albums? I'm not terribly fond of Digital Ash in a Digital Urn, but I like I'm Wide Awake It's Morning and a lot of his older stuff.

11:53 AM

 
Blogger Pencil Case babbled mindlessly...

Oh, Kellie.

How I miss the gang...

Well, I am in Colorado for two months. Dayum. I will talk to you later.

-Benji.

7:04 PM

 
Blogger Kellinka babbled mindlessly...

Van Chelsing-- haha. Tranny Tom.

Kate-- I own the recent two albums and I've heard Lifted. And, oh my god, you got to go to a BE concert?!?! Lucky!!

Pencil Case-- I miss you like crazy, boy.

9:16 PM

 
Blogger Kate babbled mindlessly...

Lifted is my favorite.

Indeed, I have now been to 2 Bright Eyes concerts. The first one was in an auditorium and we sat and listened to him play some folk stuff and it was really really pleasant and wonderful. The one on Saturday was at a sweaty oudoor lot behind a BBQ restaurant in Austin, and we stood for hours and he played all the stuff from Digital Ash in a Digital Urn (there are pictures on el blog-o). Both shows were neat and fun for different reasons. If he's ever playing in your area, I definitely recommend checking it out.

12:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home