"He'll sit there and go, Dipsy... Po... Dipsy... Po. I honestly don't think he knows colors. Just Teletubbies."

3.04.2005

Ambulatory Vehicles for Children

The title is all Poppa G, using a much smarter way of saying "stroller" or "buggy". He also said, in reference to the class next door making a lot of bumping noises, "Wow, it sounds like they're learning a lot. They sound like the world wrestling league competition." That made Chelsea-- who is back-- and I laugh very hard.

Today before French, Frau and I had a discussion about DDR and eras.
Frau: Is this French rap?
Me: Yes, unfortunately enough.
Frau: Wow. That's almost as bad as German rap.
Me: I found some German DDR techno online and was going to download it.
Frau: DDR?
Me: Dance Dance Revolution.
Frau: Oh, yeah. Duh. See, when people say DDR, I forget that they're not talking about (German words), which was East Germany. So then I come back to the 2000s or whatever we're supposed to call them and realize we're talking about a game. Hey, what are we supposed to call the 2000's anyway?
Me: I have no idea. I just refer to it as "now" or "recently", usually. Once in Poppa G's class, someone said "olden times" and he said, "What is that to you, 1988?"
Frau: It's probably, like, 1992. What year were you born in?
Me: 1990.
Frau, laughing very, very hard: That's the year I graduated from high school!

Anyway, then in French, we got in trouble for people being dirty and we had to rewrite all our sentences, which meant no Fun French Friday, which is only slightly less than the two minutes of F-cubed that we had last Friday, when Madame forgot. Then Madame and I had this big discussion about the most appropriate word for the imperative from of vomit, because the one 501 French Verbs suggested was not quite right. Anyway, Maggie and I got away with only slightly less than what we originally had. It turns out that long-lost fathers are not taboo.

Also, Madame took away the picture I took of her at the musical and its double.
Madame: Oh no no no no. No! Nobody can see that! Ever!! (Hides them under the desk calendar.)
Me: ...but... I need those! For blackmail purposes! Really, I'm kidding.
Madame: No one should take pictures of me, ever!
Me: Well, I paid for the film and paid to have them developed!
Madame: Fine! (Gives me fifty cents.)

When I asked her what she did with them later, she claims to have shredded it. Then I had to look through her grammar in recommendation letters and administer quizzes about things I haven't learned yet.

Anyway, I have my pictures from graduation, Sweetheart Switch, and the musical developed, which is exciting. Also, Betty is living with me from tomorrow afternoon until Monday! Yessssss! And we're going to Mr. Green Bay with Lesley tomorrow night. I'm so excited.

So, this thing we're doing for art. I really hate the way mine looks, but Art Teacher liked it and so did Chelsey. So maybe I don't like it just because it's a pain in the butt, it's due on Monday, and I still have to finish half the background.

Maggie is going to have Erik's babies (Maggie just declares this randomly to Erik very often), but, regardless of this, they claim they will never be a couple. I think they'd be a really cute one, but I guess they're just going to share the sex act and make adorable, smart, funny children, and not get married. This is what they explained to me in lunch line, at least.

Pencil Case, I hope you start to have a better day. Unfortunately, we cannot go to Noodles because La Mere and Das Vater are going out on- ew- a date. La Mere says she would love to go next Friday, however, if that works for you.

Today after school, Chelsea and I went to talk to Senora G about the next time I can practice my forensics and deep things like marriage. According to Senora G, love lives are over-rated and, when you're an adult, you just end up getting married to someone who you aren't necessarily in love with but like and can stand to live with. God, I hope, although it truly doesn't feel like that now. In other love life news, story of my life, although I'm really not as cute as the cat.

4 Comments:

Blogger Magster babbled mindlessly...

Hmm, yep, that's pretty much about right!

3:36 PM

 
Blogger Pencil Case babbled mindlessly...

Frau needs to get with the times. DDR? A German Whatzamadoozy? Sheeesh.

By the way, Frau called it the "Double Oughts" and you called it "Nowadays."

10:07 PM

 
Blogger mai babbled mindlessly...

I was expecting an ax murderer to come in and slaughter the cat. Dammit!

1:00 PM

 
Blogger Pencil Case babbled mindlessly...

Do you never update?

"All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places
Worn out faces
Bright and early for the daily races
Going no where
Going no where
Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression
No expression
Hide my head I wanna drown my sorrow
No tomorrow
No tomorrow
And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles its a very very
Mad world
Mad world
Children waiting for the day they feel good
Happy birthday
Happy birthday
And I feel the way that every child should
Sit and listen
Sit and listen
Went to school and I was very nervous
No one knew me
No one knew me
Hello teacher tell me what’s my lesson
Look right through me
Look right through me
And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles its a very very very
Mad world
Mad world
Enlarge your world
Mad world"

7:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home