"He'll sit there and go, Dipsy... Po... Dipsy... Po. I honestly don't think he knows colors. Just Teletubbies."

2.14.2005

Notre Musique

Completely stole this meme from One Child Left Behind, my new blog addiction. Yay for blog crack. It is like Pencil Case's math crack, and the heroin needles in the ball pits at DZ. Yes indeedy.

1. Total amount of music files on your computer:

Just ones I've ripped from CDs onto Poddly, so roughly 570.

2. The last CD you bought was:

The other day, I bought Hopes and Fears by Keane and Get Away from Me by Nellie McKay at B&N. There are links to the Amazon pages of both in the sidebar.

3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?

Right now, in fact, I am listening to "No Weather" by Stellastarr*. I love Stellastarr* and almost bought their CD on Friday. Then I realized, this is a 10-track CD and I have already bought four off iTunes. I am a dork.

4. Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you:

a. Across the Universe by Fiona Apple. Because I love the song to begin with, but her cover of it is amazing. Her voice is just perfectly sad. I really would, as morbid as it sounds, like this song played at my funeral.

b. On My Own from Les Misèrables because I love to sing it in the shower, and it makes me cry nearly every time I listen to it. I am afraid of becoming Eponine. I think the most horridly depressing part of the musical is that she dies, and then the students/soldiers go sing "Drink with Me." I mean, what the hell is that garbage?

c. Just a Girl by No Doubt. I loved this song the first time I heard it, when I was probably seven or eight, and I still love it now. That has to be saying something, and it's not that I had taste when I was seven or eight, because the first CD I bought was by the Backstreet Boys. It's really just saying that this song has held up very well to time and my juvenile tastes.

d. SOS by ABBA. This list had to have ABBA represented somehow. Oh god. I just love ABBA far too much. Singing to ABBA, dancing to ABBA, musicals involving ABBA, ABBA is perfection with Swedish accents.

e. Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley was the first song that ever made me cry. I know. I'm so stereotypical. That or Wise Up by Aimee Mann. Two of the saddest songs ever.

There is a new poem on my fiction blog that definitely sucks, but it's about geeks, so check it out.

Note that I am not being my Bridget Jonesy self and addressing the sucktitude of this holiday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home