"He'll sit there and go, Dipsy... Po... Dipsy... Po. I honestly don't think he knows colors. Just Teletubbies."

2.27.2005

"My god, Mother! You sound like a Jewish woman in a synagogue."

Wow, I love my aunt Kathy, who supplied the quote above. I think that family members are so much better when you only see them every once in a while, when you don't have to deal with them all the time. In fact, I think I'm going to move somewhere far, far away for college, so that I really learn to appreciate my parents and my brother. That was the thought I had in the car on the way to the curling club to watch Seameister and Fio, at least, while Ricky was being an obnoxious jerk and we somehow lost He Was a Good Man, which led to stress and elongated sighs from Saint Julia.

Then La Mère and I had some fabulous retail therapy. I dropped off my disposable cameras, which are so old that they have pictures from GRADUATION on them, and I bought a nice little zip-up hoodie in a lovely celery shade. La Mère bought the most adorable outfit I have ever seen, so I'm making her wear it to the Honors Banquet to impress everyone. They will all be like, "Hey, who is that highly well-dressed woman?! She must be in charge of something important!" and I am not just saying that because I found this extraordinarily lovely outfit.

Last night was closing night of the musical. This was highly, highly depressing. Margo and KT were there, though, which was excitement, and I was rewarded with lots of hugs, including one from, surprisingly enough, Paul. This was after I said, "Good job, yuppie, even though I hate you."

Then we had Strike, which I only stayed for about an hour of but was still a lot of fun. Mags, Chels, and I found the dead mouse in the washer, which really did not live up to the hype at all. Then Chelsea, Mike, Bitchmonster, and a few other people were sent to the costume room to drop a few things off. On the way up, Mike discovered one of the infamous famous secret tunnels and got extremely over-excited. "Look! There's a cart in here! Imagine how fast you could fly in that thing!" but Bitchmonster wouldn't let us go. Then we went back up and discovered that the doors were locked, so Mike yelled, "The tunnel! It's the only way out!" but we actually just had to walk down the other hallway, unfortunately. Anyway, then Emily needed a moment with her coffee pot, Aline was infatuated with the dinosaur, Josh declared that this one baby doll had a missing chromosome, and then it was time for me to go, which was good because Strike actually lasted until 3:45. Thank God for being an usher and being able to bail out.

Oh, and somewhere in there, Vicky declared me the queen of Grobania and Josh Groban's number one fan. This is because she was wearing a Josh Groban T-shirt and I said, "Oh, god, are you involved with that whole Grobania thing?" and she said, "No, but that's actually a real thing. I suppose you know. You're probably, like, Josh Groban's number one fan." Which is funny because I do not even own a Josh Groban CD.

I am pretty sure I got some of the funniest pictures ever at the musical on Friday. They are all of my peeps, so I'm very excited to get them back and decorate my locker with lovely snapshots. But I won't get them back until practically forever because La Mère has some big personal grudge against One-Hour Photo. I think it would be fun(ny) to work in a One-Hour Photo, or just regular photo, center. You could laugh at people's dorky pictures and probably see a lot of people you know. Anyway, I'm going to wrap up this highly quick wrap-up of the events of the last few days and go take a shower and not watch the Oscars, which are full of Beyonce's melisma and boring me to tears.

5 Comments:

Blogger Van Chelsing babbled mindlessly...

Haha, I love this post. Strike was so much fun. Today in Theology though, I was having another discussion (more like debate) with Joe about the tunnels underneathe the school. He thinks that I mean the old basment of the school, and I keep trying to explain to him that it's not! Augh, it's so aggravating trying to explain secret tunnel systems to an athlete. hee. I can't wait until you get your msuical pictures developed.

11:35 AM

 
Blogger Kellinka babbled mindlessly...

Hahaha, today my counselor and I were talking about the secret tunnels. She says that the old ones under the school are the scariest.

2:48 PM

 
Blogger Pencil Case babbled mindlessly...

I want to go in these secret tunnels. Let's do it after school one day.

5:10 PM

 
Blogger mai babbled mindlessly...

Word, pencil case. You can bring along Angie 3000.

8:17 PM

 
Blogger Bet babbled mindlessly...

did i hear someone say secret tunnels? chels and i have a plan for secret tunnels. but it is a serect plan for secret tunnels. I love secrets, but only when i know what they are

8:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home