"He'll sit there and go, Dipsy... Po... Dipsy... Po. I honestly don't think he knows colors. Just Teletubbies."

12.31.2004

Let's party like it's 2004.

2004 was, in the end, a great, hilarious, phenomenal year, despite parts of it really, really sucking. Actually, just one part. And a lot of good came of that in the end. Anyway, a quick recap of all the great things that happened in 2004.

  • I came to NDA, therefore meeting some incredible friends whom I know I will have the rest of my life-- Pencil Case, Chelsea, and Maggie. I also kept a phenomenal friend who means so much to me, Betty Jean. And I met several adults who have influenced me so much just by being their funny, smart, influential selves-- Madame, G-Dawg, and Stary, all of whom I will continue to bother for guidance and hilarity long after I leave NDA. This is definitely the best part of my year, because it will last the longest. (Long pause.) Sorry, I'm corny, but I really do click with these people, and they deserve a mention for making my year so fantabulous.

  • I had genuinely good ideas for writing, especially for the last month. And I started this blog.


  • I traveled to Alaska, which was just a great trip no matter how wary I was of it before I left.


  • I became a totally-nardly geek-chic drama dork times ninety-two to the fifth dimension.


  • I laughed harder than I ever have, and far too many times to count.


  • I grew to really, really enjoy school. Which sounds really dorky, but I'm trying to de-dork that statement. It isn't working. There are just so many great people there, but, at the same time, it's not a social thing. I think it's because I'm learning interesting things in an interesting way.

  • I had my first "boyfriend"... just kidding. Although everyone else seems to think so, so I'll just go along with that.


  • As Chelsea pointed out, I now can say "I have a dynamic butt" in two languages. I mean, if that doesn't constitute a good year, what does? And this is the best part: by the end of 2005, I'll be able to say it in three languages. Hopefully.


  • Happy new year, everybody. I hope your year was, in the end, as good as mine.

    5 Comments:

    Blogger Lemming Chick babbled mindlessly...

    hi kellinka! u don't know who I am, but i have been reading your blog for a long time. Keep it up in 2005!!!!!!!!!!!

    9:40 PM

     
    Blogger Pencil Case babbled mindlessly...

    Hello, Kellinka. It is now 12:05am here. I just wanted to say how much I appreciate our friendship, and that I hope is grows in the new year. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    1:07 AM

     
    Blogger Pencil Case babbled mindlessly...

    Hello, Kellinka. It is now 12:05am here. I just wanted to say how much I appreciate our friendship, and that I hope it grows in the new year. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    1:07 AM

     
    Blogger Kellinka babbled mindlessly...

    Hahaha, thank you to Lemming Chick and Pencil Case for the lovely comments! Happy new year to both of you!

    And, Pencil Case, I enjoy having you as a friend also.

    1:16 PM

     
    Anonymous Anonymous babbled mindlessly...

    hi hi!! tis on a different computer--mags! I cant wait to tell you something

    6:41 PM

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home