"He'll sit there and go, Dipsy... Po... Dipsy... Po. I honestly don't think he knows colors. Just Teletubbies."

12.22.2004

Awwwww.

Even though Pencil Case is gone, today is great. I've realized, no matter how cheesy this is, how lucky I am to have such great people in my life and to be able to spend time with them on a regular basis; before school today made me realize this the most. I suppose it goes without saying that I'm going to miss French and Pencil Case over the break more than anything. But I'm also going to spend as much time as possible with the people who are still here and not dwell on my inner pain from the gigantic hole left in my life by their absence. Or something like that.

We didn't have church today, amazingly enough. We were supposed to have this four-minute prayer service thingummy over the PA system. Yes, except that our speaker was turned off, which led to such hilarity as this:

Madame: The radio is off! Oh, no! Paul, turn it on, please.
Maggie: The radio, Madame? It's called a PA speaker.
Paul: Shut up, Maggie, she's foreign.

Of course, we watched Home Alone after this fiasco. I had a great time in the beanies with Van Chelsing, as usual. Talking about Billy Young and mean aunts and various evil plans to take over Notre Dame Academy. No, I'm not even joking on the last one.

Van Chelsing: I hate my dad's side of the family. They're all such fruitcases.

Me: Major crevices? God, that sounds so dirty.

Anyway, between English and ICP, Betty Jean asked me if I had gotten the lovely candy canes she sent me through the mail system. I had not, so, during lunch, I took action. Meaning: I went to talk to Madame and casually mentioned the candy canes. She realized these would be the same candy canes she had in her mailbox this morning, so we went to get them, and had meaningful secret discussion on the way. Oh, yes, then I went to visit Van Chelsing in the library and gave her my mint candy cane. Partially because Van Chelsing is fabulous, but also because I wanted to say, "One candy cane for Glen Coco. You go, Glen Coco!"

At the end of lunch, there was a lovely swing choir performance, which was depressingly devoid of Paul. Why, might you ask? Because ABC decided it was more important for him to take a "pop quiz" of holiday trivia. Swing choir was good anyway, sitting with Maggie and behaving groupie-ly. We decided, though, that our lives will not be fulfilled until we hear Paul say various words from "Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer" in falsetto. We were also plotting to be total Emily groupies when her solo came, but it didn't. Oh, yes, and then Schmidty told us we could blame her for being late to class, but you can imagine how well that went over with ABC, which is to say not very well at all. Oh, well.

My day was also made complete by the sight of Stary in a Santa Claus hat. One cannot forget to mention Santa Stary. Or when Madame randomly pulled out two pairs of little-girl-shoes from her purse. Strange and confusing, yet completely entertaining all at once.

3 Comments:

Blogger Magster babbled mindlessly...

I agree. I am going to miss french a lot! And it will be weird not seeing the people I like best every day. *cough cough* so we will have to get together!! Hope you have a great christmas (even though you dont like them so much!)

9:49 AM

 
Blogger mai babbled mindlessly...

Aw, Cate. You and I should write hallmark cards.

Mags, she is coming to my house for christmas, so we should be able to escape at least part of the extended-family insanity. Plus, she gets my super duper present.

Were any of Santa's hos running around NDA? cos we had a lot over here.

11:50 AM

 
Blogger Kellinka babbled mindlessly...

Mags-- We will most definitely get together! Numerous times. Party all the time, ooooooh yes.

Angie- I will see you tomorrow. We better not be eating ham.

I still have not accepted the fact that tomorrow is Christmas because it just doesn't feel like Christmas Eve to me. Plus, I have to pluck my eyebrows.

2:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home