"He'll sit there and go, Dipsy... Po... Dipsy... Po. I honestly don't think he knows colors. Just Teletubbies."

11.25.2004

Slipping Tongue

Happy Thanksgiving everybody. I'm here on my uncle's laptop listening to dirty discussions (that would be the title, which I am afraid to explain) at the mouths of my crazy family. It's pretty fun, today was actually not too stressful. I sat at the dinner with Shannon, Brenda, Dave, Nico, and my brother, and we talked about the natural colors of food, which was pretty funny. ("Blueberries are blue!" "Actually, blueberries are more purple." Later: "Oranges are orange." "Actually, they're more yellow.")

Okay, I have stories. First of all, this family is obsessed with blue Solo cups with the grips. I mean, you would think these things were designed by MIT rocket scientists the way Das Vater and Brian are talking about them.

Then Brenda and Shannon and I took the digital camera trying to find a place with a subtle background to take a picture of Shannon for her job. So, the only place we can find is the bathroom, so Shannon gets all set up and Nico walks in and has to go to the bathroom. So then we look away politely, and, when he finishes, he says, "Mommy, I need to wash my thumb because it has butt smell on it." Shannon and I found this hilarious, so we cracked up. Then, after we'd re-set up the picture and we were almost ready to shoot, I said, "Hey, Shannon, say 'butt smell'!" and so she cracked up and goes, "This is great, because I'll be looking at this picture and just crack up, thinking it's the Butt Smell Picture!" Yeah, we're so mature.

Anyway, La Mere is mixing drinks and Brian is playing with some old-fashioned childrens' toy, which is part of a very complex equation that means it's time to wrap this up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home