"He'll sit there and go, Dipsy... Po... Dipsy... Po. I honestly don't think he knows colors. Just Teletubbies."

11.14.2004

Partay.

So, yes, we had CoolAunt's surprise 50th birthday party last night in Milwaukee. It was rather enjoyable, although parties tend to make me overstimulated since they involve lots of people talking, but it was still very fun. We played CoolAunt Jeopardy and watched a slide show full of lots of incriminating and hilarious pictures of CoolAunt. The party was at this really cool gallery with lots of pretty art, which kept La Mere entertained for quite some time. (For those of you who do not know La Mere very well, she loves, loves, loves looking at art and once spent almost eight hours in the Louvre.)

Oh, and CoolAunt's pimp "boyfriend", Gunar, and his crazy wife Lisa were there, which caused even more merriment, as you can imagine. Apparently I was betrothed to their son at the ripe age of four, and Lisa remembers back when I was (naturally) blonde but has not really seen me since. Anyway, she seemed to be slightly tipsy the whole time, which was hilarious. Also, much to my thrilledment, Joan and Katharine came! For those of you who do not know who Joan and Katharine are... well, you're just DEPRIVED and haven't heard my lovely tales of my last Europe trip. I suppose I will have to post some of these lovely tales now. They involve, as you can imagine, drinking, swearing, and scarves. Yes, scarves.

Something tells me Angie is the only person who will understand a word of this entry.

I bought the Rilo Kiley CD yesterday and it is FABULOUS. I think my favorite song is "Portions for Foxes", but I also really love "Love and War (11/11/46)".

CoolAunt Jeopardy question: "This is CoolAunt's favorite activity, because she can do it in English, Spanish, French, German, and Italian."
Nancy: SWEARING!

Another CoolAunt Jeopardy question: "A long time ago, CoolAunt's co-workers told her that she was demoralizing them by driving around this what?"
Joan: Piece of crap!!
Aunt Lovely: That's pretty close.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home