"He'll sit there and go, Dipsy... Po... Dipsy... Po. I honestly don't think he knows colors. Just Teletubbies."

11.23.2004

Giblets

Ma mere is extremely stupid. Or she just has the memory of a goldfish. I'm sure those of you who know me are expecting me to launch into a flaky-mere story, but I actually am not. I am launching into a giblets story.

Which is sadly not exactly what it sounds like. We do not believe in giblets in our house, evidently.

Giblets, Part One

Me, making flash cards because I'm nerdy like that: Hey, did I tell you that we know the word for giblets in French?
Mere: What word is that?
Me: Les abats!
Mere: And why did you learn that?
Me: Well, since this week is completely pointless, we are learning Thanksgiving vocabulary. And when she handed the sheet out, Pencil Case immediately goes, "EWWW! Giblets!" so she made us learn the word for giblets.
Mere: Oh.
Me: Seriously, who eats giblets? I am just wondering.
Mere: I don't know. I'll ask Amy tonight.

(For those of you who are not familiar with the structure of my family, Amy is one of my mom's best friends and they go on walks just about every night because they are weight-loss dorks, not that either of them really needs to lose very much weight.)

Giblets, Part Two

Me: Mere? Are you going to remember to ask Amy?
Mere: Yes, I am.
Me: Do I need to write "giblets" on your hand so that you remember?
Mere: Giblets or gimlets?
Me: Mother.
Mere: Well, I was going to say, I know Amy likes gimlets...
Me: You promise you'll remember?
Mere: Yes. I promise.

Giblets, Part Three

La Mere walks in from her walk with Amy. (What kind of crazy people walk in 42-degree weather late at night when there could be raincoat men out to rape them? I don't know. Evidently La Mere and Amy.)

Me: Did you ask Amy about giblets?
Mere: No. I forgot.
Me: MO-THER!

And that is my animal-innard story for today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jules the Crazy babbled mindlessly...

Dude, you're awesome, I love your fun stories. More, more!

PS: Is is un-American of me that I don't even know how to pronounce "giblets"? But thank you for teaching us a new French word! Merci!

9:00 PM

 
Blogger Kellinka babbled mindlessly...

Hahaha, I am glad you enjoy my stories! And more will come, I promise!

3:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home