"He'll sit there and go, Dipsy... Po... Dipsy... Po. I honestly don't think he knows colors. Just Teletubbies."

9.02.2004

The Much Promised Quote Post

I'm a bit peeved right now, because locks are stupid. But anyway, I promised you quotes so quotes you shall have, along with the translation of the really insane dialogue Bryce Dallas Howard (I'm sorry, it's the best alias I could think of, and she looks exactly like her) and I came up with in French.

Tricia (I couldn't think of an alias, and I'm very sorry): Yeah, and then she said, 'Oh, you're a [last name]. You must be in band.'

Diana: It's a TherMOS, it keeps things cold.
BB and I: TherMOS?
Diana: Yes, and it keeps things cold. Look! (Points to what is clearly a penguin on the label thingummy.) It has a little ice-man on the label!
(Long silence. BB and I crack up.)
Me: Do you mean a penguin, Diana?

Vati, for the eighty thousandth time: It's a great day to be a Triton!
Me: It's a great day to beat a dead horse.

La Madre: Son of a buck!

Diana: Wait! This was bus 76 this morning! Are we on the wrong bus?
Me: Diana, the numbers change. It's like magic.

History Teacher, against his will: Fo shizzle.


The Infamous French Dialogue, Translated

[We are supposed to be passengers on a train.]

Me: How are you?
BDH: Bad.
Me: Why?
BDH: I am tired. (This is the only answer we know to why one might be feeling badly.) You?
Me: Good.
Random Partner Guy: Plane!
All: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. (Because people really count down during take-off.)

Later, I was explaining this to La Madre and she said, "I hope you didn't actually say those things in front of people."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home