"He'll sit there and go, Dipsy... Po... Dipsy... Po. I honestly don't think he knows colors. Just Teletubbies."

9.13.2004

Diana caught my lazy, so here's a post for y'all.

Roy, I got the CD. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU. I love it. I took a picture of the uber-padding to post later. I'm sure my other family members will hate you for this, since I plan on blasting it at high volumes at all hours of the day.

I didn't get a part in the play. I was a teeny bit upset, though, because Alice Fox did, although I was not upset for long because it turns out that I have the supportivest friends ever. The majority just turned to Alice Fox-bashing, but Larry is an obscene flatterer and came up to me and said, "How did she make it if you didn't?" Then he decided that "they're just saving you for the musical." Which was kind but not true, since I can't sing, even though I gladly would since I have no shame. Then he did a brilliant Alice Fox impression and all was well in the Le Terre Cate. (Cate's world. I think. My French is quite broken yet. And ferme la bouche. Yeah, it's pretty broken, but I can still tell you to shut up, ha ha.)

Quotes, because sometimes it's easier to explain my day by what people say. I solemnly swear that someday I'm just going to make a cumulative post of all the bizarre things Genius Idea says (the current reigning favorite is "Mainly we eat doughnuts" when Danno asked what we do in French Club.) But here are the weird things other people say. Including me.

Lunch Gestapo: Come on, you guys! Go to the SADD meeting! Don't they look like a fun group?
Me, in my head: Actually, they look sort of SADD, ha-ha.

Larry, in a brilliant Alice Fox impression: DAMN YOU, CATE!

BB: We had a sub in German! We were all really depressed, and we said, "Where is Frau?!"

Obnoxious Math Sub: You should say "shut up, please".
Skinny Lizard Boy: Shut up, PLEASE. See? I told him. Now he's gotta say "thank you."

Larry: And then the elephant will get rigor mortis. (No one laughs.) Heh-heh. (Everyone laughs.)

Me, to Larry in the hallway: I hate "Don't Worry, Be Happy"! That song brings me so much stress!! When you're upset, nothing's more annoying than someone TELLING YOU WHAT TO DO! I mean, honestly, that's not going to make me any happier! (Genius Idea walks by, listens in [not that it was hard, I was yelling pretty loudly], and laughs maniacally.)

Tricia: I always classify people as animals! I don't know why! I tell them, "you look like a... you know, whatever animal."
Me: Me too! Yeah, there's this one girl in my gym class, and she looks like a stegosaurus!

Me, writing in my notebook: Adult Hermione just became rather agitated about packing peanuts. I think BB and I ate packing peanuts once. Or maybe that was styrofoam cups. We ingest very weird things. BB eats watermelon rinds, for instance. I think Grandma Albatross is probably very right about those being terrible for your stomach.

Okay, I'm off to find CoolAunt's e-mail address so I can assure her my French skills are developing and tell her about the Impending Future Europe Trip (more details later, I'm about to self combust with excitement. Does anyone have three grand I could borrow? And perhaps another three grand for BB? I probably shouldn't have asked that right after I couldn't recall which non-edible styrofoam product we digested. Hey, send us to Europe so we can eat styrofoam and watermelon rinds, please!) I need to go figure out why the hell iTunes is being so wonkishy. Hee. I just invented a word.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elm babbled mindlessly...

Actually, packing peanuts are completely edible. They're just corn starch. Coincidentally, I ate a packing peanut just a week ago... But I've also eaten styrofoam, not to mention tons of paper.

I've been reading your blog for a few months now, and I don't know why I chose this post to comment for the first time. I guess eating styrofoam is simply one of my favorite topics of discussion.

5:38 PM

 
Blogger Kellinka babbled mindlessly...

Hey! Thanks for the comment, hee. Packing peanuts really aren't very tasty, but any gastronomic feat that appalls Diana is good for me. I'm really enjoying your blog, and you have brilliant taste in movies.

6:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home