"He'll sit there and go, Dipsy... Po... Dipsy... Po. I honestly don't think he knows colors. Just Teletubbies."

7.26.2004

"I just got beat up by the Clowns Against Christ." --Betty Jean

Just so you don't worry, Betty wasn't actually beat up by them, she was pretending to be Reverend Camden from Seventh Heaven and I just randomly remembered that and it cracked my face up.
 
I went to the library today, but made the mistake of coming with Fake Sick, who looked around for two minutes and said, "I've looked everywhere. I can't find anything. Let's go." When I informed him that some people actually enjoy going to the library, he fell under a mild state of shock, which bought me another half-hour of time, but I just ended up checking out two CDs (Fountains of Wayne's Welcome Interstate Managers and fold your hands, you walk like a peasant by Belle and Sebastian) and two books (The Outcasts of 19 Schuyler Place by E.L. Konigsburg, a favorite writer of my childhood, and Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen), sadly, so my mom's going to drop me off there for a few hours (read: from 9-5) one day this week. I also just got my books today, and I've started The True and Outstanding Adventures of the Hunt Sisters, which is lovely and hilarious.
 
Fake Sick finally bought Mario Kart, figuring that we're already up to half of the cost of it in rental fees, so he insists that he has to copy Betty Jean's memory card so he, essentially, beat the game. I think I'm going to call Betty Jean's lovely sister, Annie, and inform her of this in advance.
 
Patricia Clarkson is now doing radio commercials for BMW, which is brilliant casting on their part. Who wouldn't want to buy a BMW if someone with as excellent a voice as Patricia Clarkson's does the commercials? It's very entrancing, and I wish I sounded like her, but I have a little-kid voice, much to my chagrin.  My voice sounds very nice in my head, sort of smoky, and then it comes out and I sound like a nine-year-old. It's painful.
 
I could use some coffee.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kate babbled mindlessly...

Belle and Sebastian is lovely. My favorite CDs of theirs are If You're Feeling Sinister and the latest one--Dear Catastrophe Waitress.

11:10 PM

 
Blogger Kellinka babbled mindlessly...

I cannot find a copy of Dear Catastrophe Waitress anywhere, and it's upsetting me, because I'm completely addicted to the samples on iTunes.

11:41 PM

 
Blogger mai babbled mindlessly...

Try the indie record store in downtown gb, cate. It's in the Titletown neighborhood.

8:47 PM

 
Blogger obsessive_08 babbled mindlessly...

Hey! I've never actually met you like these other people have, but you seem really cool because you're the same age I am, but it sounds like you've accomplished so much more. I don't know if you've read it yet or not, but I thought that the Outcasts of 19 Schuylar Place was a really cool book. Just thought I'd comment.
P.S....you don't sound like Karen Walker, do you? (from Will & Grace....she's so cool:)

4:57 PM

 
Blogger Kellinka babbled mindlessly...

Thank you. Hee! No, I don't sound like Karen, who is hilarious, but I sound pretty much the same as I did when I was six. I loved Outcasts... too. It was very well paced and fabulously written.

11:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home