"He'll sit there and go, Dipsy... Po... Dipsy... Po. I honestly don't think he knows colors. Just Teletubbies."

7.23.2004

Don't Screw with Susie
 
Ugh. Peter Jackson is making the Lovely Bones movie after he finishes King Kong. Well, that's just stupid. If they hadn't bought the rights about four years ago, I'd make it myself, just to do a better job. I didn't even like the book that much, but I've always thought it would make a good movie, so here's some guidelines for Mr. Jackson and his "people":
 
1. Do not cast Alexis Bledel as Susie. If you need to cast some 25-year-old-actress-who-looks-younger, cast Alison Lohman, who has actual talent and doesn't talk through her teeth.
 
2. Do not play Buckley for sympathy points. That might be a worse offense than #1.
 
3. You might have the most issues with this one, Petey: Do not try to make this some big, epic movie. It really, really shouldn't be turned into one of those.

2 Comments:

Blogger Afarin babbled mindlessly...

I'm actually in the midst of reading The Lovely Bones right now, and well, I'm not really loving it too much, but it should be interesting to see what kind of a movie Peter Jackson can make out of it.

7:08 PM

 
Blogger Kellinka babbled mindlessly...

I'm re-reading it, and I really like the beginning, but I remember hating it around the middle, and being sort of "meh" about it at the end. I have a lot of complaints about it, but I'm liking it more the second time around.

11:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home