"He'll sit there and go, Dipsy... Po... Dipsy... Po. I honestly don't think he knows colors. Just Teletubbies."

7.10.2004

"Bwimps are coow."

And here is my uberlong review of The Station Agent.

Loved

  • At the top of my list, as always: Patricia Clarkson. She's just so fantastic at everything. And Olivia was such a well-written character. She made me cry.


  • Joe, alias The Very Handsome Bobby Cannavale. So sweet and funny. I loved the scene where he says grace: "... and for my dad, because he's driving me f*cking crazy."


  • Fin. I loved his conversations, or lack thereof with everyone.


  • Cleo and Emily. Michelle Williams is excellent, and Cleo is just such a sweet character.


  • All the little moments. The beef jerky scene and "walking the right of way." Fin and Olivia talking on the dock while Joe bitches about the lack of a garlic press. Everything.


  • The ending.


  • The hilarious, hilarious commentary, which nods to A Streetcar Named Desire on multiple instances by Bobby Cannavale. And vampires, and shirts, and lipstick or lack thereof. And all of them doing the little kid voices: "Be cawefuw." "Bwimps are coow." Heh.


  • All around, a new favorite movie of mine. I'd highly recommend it to anyone, even people I hate and wish they would keep their paws off my movies. (And my songs, for that matter. "Float On" has been stolen by the huddled masses and it's peeving me off.)

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home