"He'll sit there and go, Dipsy... Po... Dipsy... Po. I honestly don't think he knows colors. Just Teletubbies."

7.29.2004

Adventures in Library-Going

I know I haven't blogged much, but I haven't had a lot to say, sadly. Betty Jean and Di called me from camp earlier today, which was very kind of them. I went to the library and checked out a plethoric abundance of books, which I'm posting here because I didn't have time to tell Di on the phone and she was wondering:

The fourth Princess Diaries book. I know, I know, but they're really very funny.
Knocked out by my Nunga-Nungas by Louise Rennison
P.S. by Helen Somebody (Shetterly, I think, or Schulman-- I'm almost positive it's Schulman) , because the new Laura Linney/Topher Grace movie is based on it
Stripping and Other Stories by Pagan Kennedy (okay, apparently non-literary parents name their children Pagan, too)
The Girl in the Flammable Skirt by Aimee Bender
Kick Me: Adventures in Adolescence by Paul Feig
The Adventures of Flash Jackson by William Kowalski, whose parents did not name him Stanley for obvious reasons. Hee. Anyway, it's completely different than what the title sounds like.
The Shape of Things to Come by Maud Casey
CDs: You Were Here by Sarah Harmer, Figure 8 by Elliott Smith, and She Hangs Brightly by Mazzy Star
And, of course, a videotape of Howards End because I felt like watching it and I sadly do not have a copy of my own.
Also, I placed holds on The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon, Why Girls are Weird by Pamela Ribon (aka pamie) and What to Keep by Rachel Cline (or Cusk, I can't remember) because it had a good review in EW.
 
But then I had forgotten my library card, and my whole wallet at home, so, even though I know my card number by heart, they couldn't verify that it was me since I had no ID with me. (Well, in all honesty, I cut my school IDs up thinking I would never use them again.) Thus, I had to wait for Madre to pick me up in order for me to check out on her card.
 
Just Roy is in Nashville right now, snaps for him.
 
I don't have much else to say.

3 Comments:

Blogger Just Roy babbled mindlessly...

I appreciate the thought/effort of the dedicated icons, but, sadly, Diana has obviously misinformed more than one person. I enjoyed it, but it's not my favorite. I enjoy Finding Forrester. Or Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Or School of Rock, instead. But I surely appreciate the thought. :) Heh.

11:34 PM

 
Blogger Just Roy babbled mindlessly...

And, as a footnote, I would like to say that was not a yelling, but rather an informing. No hard feelings. Hee.

11:36 PM

 
Blogger Kellinka babbled mindlessly...

Oh, no, that's fine. I understand that Diana gets confused sometimes.

12:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home