"He'll sit there and go, Dipsy... Po... Dipsy... Po. I honestly don't think he knows colors. Just Teletubbies."

6.23.2004

Well, Finally.

I fixed the cookies. I am way to tired to even try to pretend and/or think I am technologically literate.

Guess what? No, seriously. Guess. Whilst I was gone to Alaska (which was very, very fun because it involved rafting, sea otters, and pyromania by way of Michelle), my parents re-did my whole room!!! They painted it green, and it is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. I love it so. I may post pictures of it on the LJ soon if I ever figure out the godforsaken digital camera. Because it's just way too pretty. And very IKEAized, thanks to Mummy's (and Vati's) trip to Chicago. Also products of the trip: Sephora makeup (the Sephora Lip Marker in rasperry, and Nars eyeshadow in Night Fairy), and a copy of Eats, Shoots, and Leaves.

I bought Entertainment Weekly's Must List issue. It is, needless to say, a Must. I will talk about that, and my adventures in summer reading, tomorrow when I blog.

But, first, this is what I have to say about Alaska: I now like flying. Whitewater rafting kicks ass and might be my new passion.And quotes:

Attention-Seeker: What's erect-ill die-ess-function?

Kathy: You know, in this family, why can't you just fuck up and not have people think it's premeditated?
Grandma: Yeah, that's what we said. We said, "Yep, she just fucked up."

Michelle (who is male, but had very long hair; he is speaking of the eskimo drawing on Air Alaska jets): The guys behind me, they were arguing over whether the eskimo was a bulldog or Bob Marley.

Grandma: I'm just going to spark on ahead to the bathroom.

Kathy: We told them, "She drools, she snores, she wets the bed."
Grandma: You told them I wets the bed?!?!?

4 Comments:

Blogger BB babbled mindlessly...

I can't wait to hear about Alaska! I'm so excited that your home, and we need to do something really soon. I need to learn to comment better. Maybe I'll take a lesson from Princess Di. Hee. Just look at my blog. It is crazy how long her posts are.

11:05 PM

 
Blogger diana babbled mindlessly...

We are thinking the Picnic should be tomorrow. We decided, BB and I that is. We own a copy of Eats, Shoots, and Leaves. I want to read it, but i have not had time yet. IKEA is great, you are soooo lucky! I want to meet your Grandma, she seems comical. Heh, Oh! and whitewater rafting is such an awesome fun thing to do! I love it! It's the shit! Okay, talk to you tomorrow I guess. OH SNAPS FOR FIXING THE COOKIES!

11:18 PM

 
Blogger Kellinka babbled mindlessly...

SNAPS TO BOTH OF YOU FOR COMMENTING!!

Di, you really have to read E, S, & L. It is smart and hilarious. "We [sticklers] are like the little boy in The Sixth Sense, except we don't see dead people. We see dead punctuation." You will never type "lot's" or anything of that vein again.

6:31 PM

 
Blogger Just Roy babbled mindlessly...

you somewhat turned me onto wilco... aol music is pretty nifty. i'm only listening to their little sessions @ aol ditty, but it's still very good. and i found that all lollapalooza dates were cancelled. so you aren't misssing out at all. hee.

12:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home