"He'll sit there and go, Dipsy... Po... Dipsy... Po. I honestly don't think he knows colors. Just Teletubbies."

6.29.2004

Tiny Dancer

BB, that bitch, now has me frelling addicted to this song. But I haven't succumbed and bought it off iTunes yet. Mainly because I know my mother has the CD somewhere.

Speaking of iTunes, I have another complaint with them: how is Hilary Duff's CD on the Independent 100 list? And William Hung? Yeah, you made up for it by putting Elliott Smith, Eddie Izzard, etc., on there, but Hilary frellin' Duff is Not Happening.

I have discovered the goodness that is LJ Icon Contests. I've signed up for three of them and completed all of my icons for it last night. They're very exciting, these contest icons. (Read: Thank God I discovered the goodness of Arial, size five bold, all-caps.)

I'm re-reading my David Sedaris books, that are actually my mother's, and it occurs to me that Charlotte Beene (alias Sister Mary Robert) (alias Wendy Makkena) would very likely kick ass playing David's-- yes, we're on a first name basis-- mother in the movie version. She's my favorite character, possibly even more favorite than The Rooster! She cracks me up. I have numerous away messages of her quotes, and I haven't even reached Me Talk Pretty One Day. Personal favorites: "That might play back on Mount Olympus, but here, we don't wash our socks in the toilet." from Get Your Ya-Yas Out!, and just about everything she says to David-- first name basis!-- in Chipped Beef. Really, once I get to all the Rooster stories in Me Talk Pretty One Day, it will be very hard to make a decision and, therefore, I just won't. They are both my favorites.

Later today, I just found out that some of the Emma Thompson icons I made will be here. If they're not there when you go at first, check back. This has brought forth a plethoric abundance of odd morning-dreams in which Emma Thompson sees my icons (for whatever reason) and, thus, admits that I am her long-lost daughter. Which would absolutely be the kick-assiest thing ever, but like Hilary Duff being called "independent music", it's Not Happening. But it does give me a lot of opportunities to mention all these bizarre things to Angie, and purport that that's the reason I do such a brilliant British accent.

Chapter Three is up on The Fiction Blog, so go check it out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Just Roy babbled mindlessly...

Yes, Hilary Duff is disgraceful. Very false and superficial. Hee.

I'm getting 'A Ghost Is Born', the new Wilco cd, and Best of Bowie for my birthday. Praise the Lord. I appreciate the turning on-age of Wilco.

3:30 PM

 
Blogger Kellinka babbled mindlessly...

Oh my god! I am dying to buy A Ghost is Born. You ass.

4:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home