"He'll sit there and go, Dipsy... Po... Dipsy... Po. I honestly don't think he knows colors. Just Teletubbies."

5.30.2004

Cate Reviews 'Shrek 2' and 'Calendar Girls'

Calendar Girls

Loved

  • Helen Mirren was just excellent.


  • The beginning scenes with Chris and Annie laughing their asses off (BB, I thought of you and I during band or some other boring class where we are mainly lectured at) and the Victoria sponge cake.


  • Just about everything else.


  • Just Okay

  • I didn't like how sad it got towards the end. I won't say what happened, but it's more depressing than all the outwardly upsetting stuff, like Annie's husband dying and whatnot.

    Hated

  • I can't actually think of anything off the top of my head that I hated.



  • Shrek 2

    Loved

  • Jennifer Saunders and John Cleese were both excellent, as was everyone who is not named "Cameron Diaz."


  • The Pinnochio lying gag


  • The ending.


  • Bringing back a few notes of "Hallelujah," which I only noticed because I was listening for it


  • We had excellent previews again (well, except for Shark Tale, which looks awful and stupid), including... drumroll please... The Incredibles, which I am so incredibly excited for, due to the marvelous presence of one of my idols, Holly Hunter.


  • Just Okay

  • It was unnervingly short.


  • I'm not a huge sequel fanatic.
  • 1 Comments:

    Blogger Kellinka babbled mindlessly...

    Whoa! Holy crazy bulleting, Blogger!

    5:23 PM

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home