"He'll sit there and go, Dipsy... Po... Dipsy... Po. I honestly don't think he knows colors. Just Teletubbies."

5.01.2004

Cate Reviews "Mean Girls"

Okay. Breaking it down:

Liked

  • Lacey Chabert, who was absolutely perfect as a prep. The facial expressions, the voice, everything! So excellent. And she wasn't obscenely over-the-top or anything.


  • Tina Fey, and her excellent, excellent writing. I love Tina Fey. Not only is she smart, she also looks really smart. I am not even ashamed to admit that my haircut is very slightly modeled after hers and we have the same sort of glasses (although I got mine before I became addicted to SNL, Weekend Update in particular).


  • The whole story, and the fact that it succeeded at being a comedy-with-a-message, unlike Bruce Sucksmightily.


  • The previews. We had frelling excellent previews, even. First, we had Raising Helen, which Angie and I will be first in line to see in order to make sure our obscene Joan Cusack fandom is made known. The Stepford Wives was next, which looks very funny, although I am not drawn to the movie by anything in particular. Maybe at the Budget. Then it was The Notebook, which had me tearing up a bit in my current overly emotional state. Although Rachel McAdams and Gena Rowlands look nothing alike, not like the freakish resemblence between Jessica Lange and Alison Lohman in Big Fish. But Joan Allen looks excellent as the bitchy mom. And then Shrek 2, which I have no comment on.


  • The well-behaved audience and relatively pleasant theater-going experience.


  • Just Okay

  • Although I prefer Lindsay Lohan to most other teen actresses, I think Cady would have been a really great role to give to a complete unknown who was not part of Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen


  • Not enough Amy Poehler.


  • The bad.

  • My frelling mother's hyena laugh.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home