"He'll sit there and go, Dipsy... Po... Dipsy... Po. I honestly don't think he knows colors. Just Teletubbies."

4.05.2004

Playlist Mixes and Why I Adore Catherine O'Hara

The Onion: Who could you take in a fight?
Catherine O'Hara: A physical fight? Um, someone sleeping.

Here is the article. Hugh Grant's answer is also quite good; so is George Carlin's.

Okay, as Princess Di already knows, I've become addicted to making iTunes mix playlists. They're the new mix CDs, which were the new mix tapes. So, here is a sneak peek into Cate's Driving Music Playlist. Not that I drive anything but go-karts and bumper cars. But if I could drive, what I would listen to while I crashed into a vast number of stationary objects.

-The 6ths, "As You Turn to Go"
-Stevie Nicks, "Edge of Seventeen"
-PJ Harvey, "Good Fortune"
-Wilco, "Heavy Metal Drummer"
-The Shins, "Young Pilgrims"
-Elliott Smith, "Baby Britain" and "Rose Parade"
-Travis, "Flowers in the Window"
-Sam Phillips, "I Need Love"
-Weezer, "Island in the Sun"
-Imperial Teen, "Ivanka"
-Jane's Addiction, "Jane Says"
-The Pixies, "Monkey Gone to Heaven"
-Sparklehorse, "Piano Fire"
-Fleetwood Mac, "Rhiannon"
-Cake, "Short Skirt/Long Jacket"
-A Band of Bees, "Sky Holds the Sun"
-Her Space Holiday, "Sleepy California"
-Suzanne Vega, "Tom's Diner"

I'll explain my attachments to these songs in a later entry when I have more time. (I really do not have a Stevie Nicks addiction. I swear.) But in the meantime, feel free to tell me how much arse my playlist goes around kicking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home