"He'll sit there and go, Dipsy... Po... Dipsy... Po. I honestly don't think he knows colors. Just Teletubbies."

4.05.2004

Cate, Meet Blushing.

I blushed for the first time in my own recorded history today. As we all know, I do not have many epidermis-related pigments in my body and am, in fact, just about as white as you can get without being considered albino or medically dead, thus, I do not blush much. Today in language arts, Pat 2 and I were quoting O Brother Where Art Thou? and he said the line (in a very bad accent, may I add) "I've stated my piece and counted to three." To which I replied, "Son of a b*tch!" But the class decided to synchronise their awkward silence with my stage-whispered expletive. And we had the Stupid Swearing Sub, who told me, hypocritically, that I would be left with a warning. Well, she's sworn dozens of times and no one's given her a warning, ever, as she is obviously still invited to teach at this school.

According to Tickle.com, my IQ is 117. Which is inaccurate because: a) I got mad at the last page and guessed on the answers and b) I have already taken the government-standard IQ tests and it's much higher than that at 178. (See? I'm not just a pretty face...) Although my extended family occasionally does not believe this and immediately buys into the fact that my other cousins are smarter (well, some of them) largely because their parents do nothing short of posting their report card grades in the newspaper. And, well, I'm sure their kids "apply themselves" in math. Which I don't. Because math sucks. (Another fallasy from the IQ quiz: I'm good at math problems. Um, no. Logic problems, yes. But not math. I guessed at the math ones.) And that is why you should not take Tickle.com's IQ test. Because it sucks and it will only tell you that you're good at guessing at math problems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home